Capital Tacoma is looking for a Sales Manager to join our team!
The perfect match for this role will successfully manage the sales duties for the branch. Coaches and directs the work of the sales team who are responsible for selling products. Establishes individual sales quotas and tracks performance against expectations. Develops and implements specialized or targeted sales strategies. Provides competitive assessments, product or sales training, or pricing and contracting assistance to the sales team. $100K - $110K + Bonus.
- Building Collaborative Relationships
- Innovation / Creativity
- Developing Self & Others
Principal Accountabilities& Deliverables
- Recruits and trains Account Managers on selling tactics, product knowledge and margin skills
- Directs and supervises Account Managers in daily sales procedures
- Assists Branch Manager in managing division
- Solves daily problems arising in sales, including sales orders, shipping, receiving, etc.
- Develops and implements sales and marketing programs; may act as Product Manager
- Works with vendors on sales promotions; may act as Product Manager
- Travels with Account Managers and develops customer relations
- Monitors key accounts and multi-location accounts personally as necessary
- Monitors and analyzes all sales procedures and reports and manages department to Turn and Earn and ROA performance levels
- Helps Outside Sales develop detailed market plan
- Increases and maintains market share
- Acts as a product manager or buyer as needed
- Monitors product and account satisfaction and accuracy
- Monitors and approves all sales expenses for Account Managers
- Prepares yearly budget and sales plan for inside sales department including recommended
- Capital expenditures, personnel requirements and wage administration to support the plan
- Perform other work related duties as assigned by your supervisor and be flexible and adaptable to changes that will occur during the course of employment
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or related field, or equivalent education or experience
- Six years experience in wholesale lumber industry, strong leadership qualities, proven experience in supervising and managing sales personnel
- Ability to understand, quickly react and motivate others to adapt to achieve results
- Ability to make quick decisions and manage multiple tasks in a fast paced dynamic environment
- A strong sense of urgency for goal achievement and sales results
- Collaborative and team-oriented leader that has the ability to proc-actively establish relationships individuals inside and outside of the organization
- Ability to model the Capital values and to provide innovative solutions
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- High level of confidentially with sensitive information and professionalism
- Must be able to sit and walk or otherwise move around for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
- Must be able to use a keyboard and do manual tasks for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 5 pounds 5% or less of the workday
- Must be able stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl 5% or less of the workday
- Work is performed indoors in a climate controlled environment.
We are in the people business, we just happen to sell lumber... so you can have GREAT BENEFITS!
- Paid Time Off (Sick, Vacation, Volunteer Time Off)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Best Doctors
- Company Paid Life and Disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Match Percentage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Hearing Services
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Smart Dollar
- Wellness Program through Vitality with program completion incentive towards medical premium