Quality Control Lead (70528)
At Capital, we know that a building is only as strong as the materials it’s made of. And we also know that a company is only as strong as the employees who keep it running. Because of this, we value more than just delivering the best products. We value investing in the best people.
We have over 70 years of success behind us, but we need innovative and dedicated employees to take us into the future. When you join the Capital team, you’re empowered to succeed, encouraged to grow, and rewarded for your hard work.
Our Denver Branch is currently looking for a Quality Control Lead. This role acts as a lead person within the Operations department. May assist in hiring and training of staff, managing schedules and staff performance. Ensures that all staff establishes and maintains high level of customer service and satisfaction. Coordinates day-to-day operations of a group of employees.
* Building Collaborative Relationships
* Innovation / Creativity
* Developing Self & Others
Principal Accountabilities & Deliverables
* Assists the Operations Manager in all areas of yard operations as directed
* Oversees and directs forklift operation in shipping and receiving orders
* Schedules and distributes sales orders to staff.
* Checks receiving orders for accuracy and notifies appropriate Managers of discrepancies
* Responsible for overseeing the accurate loading of all delivery orders
* Oversees the remanufacturing process, if present
* Performs cycle inventory counts and assists in regularly scheduled inventories
* Responsible for housekeeping of the yard, performing and appropriately delegating the nightly checklist
* Responsible for training and retraining of new and current employees
* Operates a forklift as necessary to assist in meeting a schedule
* Responsible for maintaining a reasonable level of supplies
* Ensures that all policies, programs, guidelines and procedures are implemented and practiced as expected
* Maintains and appropriately shares records of all safety issues
* Perform other work related duties as assigned by your supervisor and be flexible and adaptable to changes
that will occur during the course of employment
* Minimum three (3) years experience in wholesale building materials or related industry, including one (1) year of experience in leading a team
* Good knowledge of lumber products
* Ability to model the Capital values and to provide innovative solutions
* Ability to work at a faster than average pace in which quality is never compromised
* Ability to make quick and calculated decisions within a fast and ever changing environment
* Collaborative and team focused with the ability to influence others to assure policies and procedures are followed
* Ability to deliver high quality, detailed error free work on a consistent basis
* Ability to read, write, speak and understand English to the extent required to receive and
communicate information as necessary to the position
* Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 75 pounds
* Must be able stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl 5% or less of the workday
* Must be able to sit and walk or otherwise move around for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes, and moving mechanical parts and vibrations. Work is performed outdoors, and employee is exposed to variety of extreme weather conditions at the distribution warehouse. The noise level in the work environment and warehouse can be loud.