Product Specialist - Woodburn (82154)
Position Summary: Assists in the development of marketing campaigns and strategies for assigned organizational products or product lines. Conducts research to identify potential and existing customers, competitors and markets for company products.
Building Collaborative Relationships
Innovation / Creativity
Developing Self & Others
Principal Accountabilities& Deliverables
- Increase name and product recognition for Capital
- Promote specified products and services to non-traditional customers: architects, engineers, specifiers, contractors, builders, etc.
- Develop and implement regional market strategies and programs
- Coordinate product promotional efforts with suppliers
- Provide insight for product positioning and pricing promotion
- Conduct market surveys, monitor, provide analysis
- Coordinate regional marketing events; trade shows, open houses, etc.
- Support Account Managers through the development of sales and merchandising tools
- Significant travel expected
- Perform other work related duties as assigned by your supervisor and be flexible and adaptable to changes that will occur during the course of employment
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Education / Experience and Skills
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree or relevant industry experience
- Two years of experience in lumber industry
- Understanding of marketing concepts and procedures
- Ability to model the Capital values and to provide innovative solutions.
- Ability to effectively communicate, motivate and engage commitment of customers and team members
- Ability to drive and be accountable for results in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and have multiple projects going simultaneously
- A strong sense of urgency for goal achievement
- Results focused with ability to make quick decisions to changing conditions
- Strong follow-up is necessary on tasks to ensure proper results
- Detail-oriented with ability to handle details quickly, correctly and efficiently
- Valid Drivers License and ability to travel independently
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 5 pounds 5% or less of the workday
- Must be able stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl 5% or less of the workday
- Must be able to talk, see, hear, concentrate, think, learn and reason for all of the workday
- Must be able to sit and walk or otherwise move around for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
- Must be able to use a keyboard and do manual tasks for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
- Work is performed indoors in a climate controlled environment.