Product Specialist - Tacoma (71295)
Position Summary: Assists in the development of marketing campaigns and strategies for assigned organizational products or product lines. Conducts research to identify potential and existing customers, competitors and markets for company products.
- Building Collaborative Relationships
- Innovation / Creativity
- Developing Self & Others
Principal Accountabilities & Deliverables
- Increase name and product recognition for Capital
- Promote specified products and services to non-traditional customers: architects, engineers, specifiers, contractors, builders, etc.
- Develop and implement regional market strategies and programs
- Coordinate product promotional efforts with suppliers
- Provide insight for product positioning and pricing promotion
- Conduct market surveys, monitor, provide analysis
- Coordinate regional marketing events; trade shows, open houses, etc.
- Support Account Managers through the development of sales and merchandising tools
- Significant travel expected
- Perform other work related duties as assigned by your supervisor and be flexible and adaptable to changes that will occur during the course of employment
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Education / Experience and Skills
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree or relevant industry experience
- Two years of experience in lumber industry
- Understanding of marketing concepts and procedures
- Ability to model the Capital values and to provide innovative solutions.
- Ability to effectively communicate, motivate and engage commitment of customers and team members
- Ability to drive and be accountable for results in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and have multiple projects going simultaneously
- A strong sense of urgency for goal achievement
- Results focused with ability to make quick decisions to changing conditions
- Strong follow-up is necessary on tasks to ensure proper results
- Detail-oriented with ability to handle details quickly, correctly and efficiently
- Valid Drivers License and ability to travel independently
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 5 pounds 5% or less of the workday
- Must be able stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl 5% or less of the workday
- Must be able to talk, see, hear, concentrate, think, learn and reason for all of the workday
- Must be able to sit and walk or otherwise move around for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
- Must be able to use a keyboard and do manual tasks for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.