Position Summary: Manages all aspects of a product, from conception to sale. Monitors marketplace trends, and develops appropriate sales and marketing strategies. Researches current trends in the market and creates new products to meet customer needs.$65,000 - $85,000 annually DOE.
- Building Collaborative Relationships
- Innovation / Creativity
- Developing Self & Others
Principal Accountabilities & Deliverables
- Participates in and supports daily sales activity
- Assist in development and implementation of special sales plans and programs
- Responsible for maintaining program pricing pages for sales team.
- Introduces new products to sales departments and coordinates product education for Capital Lumber employees and customers
- Purchases, manages and maintains inventory to Capital standards for turns, turn and earn and budgeted levels through an inventory model system.
- Responsible for inventory budgeting process and related ROA projections and management.
- Manage inventory levels to meet aging targets
- Participate in leading physical inventory and cycle counting
- Researches and cultivates new vendors
- Interact with current vendors; purchasing products and maintaining relationships
- Perform other work related duties as assigned by your supervisor and be flexible and adaptable to changes that will occur during the course of employment
Education / Experience and Skills
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree or relevant industry experience
- Eight years of experience in lumber industry with vendor relationships
- Understanding of profit/loss as it pertains to sales, inventory and bottom line business management
- Ability to model the Capital values and to provide innovative solutions.
- Ability to effectively communicate, motivate and engage commitment of customers and team members
- Ability to drive and be accountable for results in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and have multiple projects going simultaneously
- A strong sense of urgency for goal achievement
- Results focused with ability to make quick decisions to changing conditions
- Strong follow-up is necessary on tasks to ensure proper results
- Detail-oriented with ability to handle details quickly, correctly and efficiently
- Must be able to travel occasionally
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 5 pounds 5% or less of the workday
- Must be able stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl 5% or less of the workday
- Must be able to talk, see, hear, concentrate, think, learn and reason for all of the workday
- Must be able to sit and walk or otherwise move around for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
- Must be able to use a keyboard and do manual tasks for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
- Work is performed indoors in a climate controlled environment.