Operations Manager - Woodburn (74064)
Position Summary: Manages the operations function for the distribution warehouse. Oversees all of the work of the warehouse employees and responsible for receiving, unloading, inspecting, picking, packing and shipping of products. Assesses data related to worker productivity and inventory or packing/shipping accuracy and implements policies and procedures meant to improve performance
* Building Collaborative Relationships
* Innovation / Creativity
* Developing Self & Others
Principal Accountabilities& Deliverables
- Responsible for working with branch management team to ensure accurate, timely, and efficient shipping, receiving and processing of material
- Ensure that all safety programs, company policies, procedures and guidelines are maintained and properly documented
- Responsible for recruiting, training, and evaluating all operations personnel
- Responsible for working with branch management team to maintain an accurate and well-organized inventory
- Responsible for planning and implementing storage layout of inventory
- Responsible for developing a comprehensive succession plan for operations personnel.
- Responsible for working with branch management team to develop the annual business plan
- Perform other work related duties as assigned by your supervisor and be flexible and adaptable to changes that will occur during the course of employment
Education / Experience and Skills
- Minimum of three (3) years experience of managing and supervising in an industrial distribution environment.
- Minimum of three (3) years demonstrated experience leading and developing individuals and teams.
- Ability to model the Capital values and to provide innovative solutions
- Collaborative team-oriented leader who has an emphasis on quality and detail of work being performed
- Proven ability to make strategic and calculated decisions to benefit an organization
- Competitive drive to produce high quality, organized and repeatable results
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with the ability to react and adjust quickly to changing conditions
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English to the extent required to receive and communicate information as necessary to the position.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 75 pounds
- Must be able stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl 5% or less of the workday
- Must be able to sit and walk or otherwise move around for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.