At Capital, we know that a building is only as strong as the materials its made of. And we also know that a company is only as strong as the employees who keep it running. Because of this, we value more than just delivering the best products. We value investing in the best people.
We are currently seeking a full-time Forklift Operator for our Tacoma Branch that reports directly to our Operations Manager. This position Operates a forklift to lift, load, or move material. Inspects and maintains forklift equipment as needed.
- Building Collaborative Relationships
- Innovation / Creativity
- Developing Self & Others
Principal Accountabilities& Deliverables
- Reads hand written or system generated sales order to determine product
- Notes all special instructions for filling an order
- Accurately pulls delivery orders and stages for loading as directed
- Accurately pulls delivery orders and packages as directed
- Loads product on trailers for delivery
- Unloads product from incoming rail cars or trailers checking manifest
- Notes all discrepancies and reviews these with Supervisor
- Safely, accurately, courteously loads product on customer’s truck/trailer
- Notifies Supervisor of any request to load a potential unsafe vehicle
- Notifies Supervisor of any request to overload a vehicle
- Operates forklift safely at all times following all safety rules and regulations
- Performs daily inspections of forklift(s) as required by OSHA and Capital Lumber Company standards
- Notifies Supervisory of any necessary equipment maintenance/repair or safety concerns
- Bands lumber product for storage or shipping
- Assists in moving of inventory for storage within the yard area as directed
- Properly stores inventory - level and covered as necessary
- Assists in inventory and/or cycle counts as directed
- May operate saw equipment intermittently
- Assist in keeping all lanes and areas clean and clear for traffic
- Perform other work related duties as assigned by your supervisor and be flexible and adaptable to changes that will occur during the course of employment
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- 1 to 4 years previous experience with forklifts and other machinery
- Has Forklift Certification
- Good knowledge of lumber products
- Ability to model the Capital values and to provide innovative solutions
- Ability to deliver high quality, detailed error free work on a consistent basis
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English to the extent required to receive and communicate information as necessary to the position
Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working
conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities
essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 75 pounds
- Must be able stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl 5% or less of the workday
- Must be able to sit and walk or otherwise move around for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes, and moving mechanical parts and vibrations. Work is performed outdoors, and employee is exposed to variety of extreme weather conditions at the distribution warehouse. The noise level in the work environment and warehouse can be loud.
We are in the people business, we just happen to sell lumber... so you can have GREAT BENEFITS!
- Paid Time Off (Sick, Vacation, Volunteer Time Off)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Best Doctors
- Company Paid Life and Disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Match Percentage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Hearing Services
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Smart Dollar
- Wellness Program through Vitality with - $500/$750 program completion incentive towards medical premium, Apple watch program and more..
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 134767