Night Shift Operations Supervisor - Denver (74522)
At Capital, we have over 70 years of success behind us, but we need innovative and dedicated employees to take us into the future. When you join the Capital team, you are empowered to succeed, encouraged to grow, and rewarded for your hard work.
Position Summary: Acts as a supervisor within the Operations department on the night shift. Assumes responsibility under the Operations Manager for shipping and receiving of product, equipment maintenance, yard housekeeping, and prompt, efficient deliveries.
- Building Collaborative Relationships
- Innovation / Creativity
- Developing Self & Others
Principle Accountabilities & Deliverables
- Supervises and oversees the activity of the night operations team
- Directly responsible for pulling and loading orders accurately and timely
- Works with Operations Manager to recruit and retain talented night shift staff
- Oversees and directs forklift operation in shipping and receiving orders
- Adjusts drivers workload to meet customers needs and time commitments
- Schedules and distributes sales orders to staff.
- Checks receiving orders for accuracy and notifies appropriate managers of discrepancies
- Responsible for overseeing the accurate loading of all delivery orders
- Oversees the saw shop production during the 2nd shift
- Responsible for housekeeping of the yard, performing and appropriately delegating the nightly checklist
- Responsible for training and retraining of new and current employees
- Operates a forklift as necessary to assist in meeting a schedule
- Ensures that all policies, programs, guidelines and procedures are implemented and practiced as expected
- Maintains and appropriately shares records of all safety issues
- Perform other work related duties as assigned by your supervisor and be flexible and adaptable to changes that will occur during the course of employment
Education / Experience and Skills
- Minimum (5) years experience in wholesale building materials or related industry, including 1 year of experience in leading a team
- Good knowledge of lumber products
- Have forklift experience and certification with ability to teach and certify forklift safety as well as train operations staff on operations and quality standards
- Will need to have awareness of employee abilities and hours worked by night shift staff and make adjustments appropriately
- Ability to model the Capital values and to provide innovative solutions
- Must be able to work under pressure and recognize and adjust to change while keeping company strategy in mind
- Ability to work at a faster than average pace in which high-quality and organized results are produced
- Ability to make quick and calculated decisions within a fast and ever-changing environment
- Collaborative and team-focused with the ability to influence others to ensure policies and procedures are followed
- Ability to deliver high-quality, detailed, error-free work on a consistent basis
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English to the extent required to receive and communicate information as necessary to the position.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 75 pounds
- Must be able stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl 5% or less of the workday
- Must be able to sit and walk or otherwise move around for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes, and moving mechanical parts and vibrations. Work is performed outdoors, and employee is exposed to variety of extreme weather conditions at the distribution warehouse. The noise level in the work environment and warehouse can be loud.