At Capital, we have over 70 years of success behind us, but we need innovative and dedicated employees to take us into the future. When you join the Capital team, you're empowered to succeed, encouraged to grow, and rewarded for your hard work.
We are currently looking for a Mid-Level Manager for our Tacoma Branch. Check us out and apply today!
Position Summary: Manages one or more branch business process structures. Manages the sales duties of the inside sales team. Coaches and directs the work of the inside sales team who are responsible for selling products. Conducts the analysis and testing of current processes to determine effectiveness and efficiency for the branch and recommends solutions to for current and future needs of the business. Partners with executive and branch leadership team to support Capital’s culture and initiatives. Develops and implements specialized or targeted sales strategies. Provides competitive assessments, product or sales training, or pricing and contracting assistance to the sales team, or pricing and contracting assistance to the sales team. $100,000 - $110,000 per year DOE plus bonus.
- Building Collaborative Relationships
- Innovation / Creativity
- Developing Self & Others
Principal Accountabilities& Deliverables
- Recruits and trains Inside Sales staff on selling tactics, product knowledge and margin skills
- Assists Branch and Sales Manager in managing division
- Solves daily problems arising in inside sales, including sales orders, shipping, receiving, etc.
- Develops and implements sales and marketing programs; may act as Product Manager
- Works with vendors on sales promotions; may act as Product Manager
- Travels with Account Managers and develops customer relations
- Monitors key accounts and multi-location accounts personally as necessary
- Monitors and analyzes all sales procedures and reports and manages department to Turn and Earn and ROA performance levels
- Helps Inside Sales develop detailed market plan
- Increases and maintains market share
- Acts as a product manager or buyer as needed
- Monitors product and account satisfaction and accuracy
- Collaborates with appropriate managers and supervisors to ensure efficient and effective execution of procedures or makes recommendations solutions to meet business needs
- Oversees and provides financial analysis and reporting as required
- Assists controller with monthly, quarterly and annual accounting close processes.
- Assists in the preparation of yearly budget, strategic planning and forecasting for Branch
- Coordinates hiring, performance and wage evaluations and discipline of staff and related paperwork coordinating and maintaining schedules as necessary with Corporate
- Directs maintenance of confidential personnel records
- Perform other work related duties as assigned by your supervisor and be flexible and adaptable to changes that will occur during the course of employment
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or related field, or equivalent education or experience
- Six years experience in wholesale lumber industry, strong leadership qualities, proven experience in supervising and managing sales personnel
- Ability to understand, quickly react and motivate others to adapt to achieve results
- Ability to make quick decisions and manage multiple tasks in a fast paced dynamic environment
- A strong sense of urgency for goal achievement and sales results
- Collaborative and team-oriented leader that has the ability to proc-actively establish relationships individuals inside and outside of the organization
- Ability to model the Capital values and to provide innovative solutions
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- High level of confidentially with sensitive information and professionalism.
- Work is performed indoors in a climate controlled environment.
We are in the people business, we just happen to sell lumber... so you can have GREAT BENEFITS!
- Paid Time Off (Sick, Vacation, Volunteer Time Off)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Best Doctors
- Company Paid Life and Disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Match Percentage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Hearing Services
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Smart Dollar
- Wellness Program through Vitality with - $500/$750 program completion incentive towards medical premium, Apple watch program and more..
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 143837