Merchandising Specialist - Tacoma (68850)
At Capital, we know that a building is only as strong as the materials its made of. And we also know that a company is only as strong as the employees who keep it running. Because of this, we value more than just delivering the best products. We value investing in the best people.
Although we have over 70 years of success behind us, we still need innovative and dedicated employees to take us into the future. When you join the Capital team, you are empowered to succeed, encouraged to grow, and rewarded for your hard work.
We are currently seeking a full-time Merchandising Specialist for our Tacoma Branch that reports directly to our Sales Manager.
Position Summary: Responsible for representing Capital, effectively working in teams or individually to perform resets and other work including, but not limited to, reading and implementation of plan-o-grams, new item placement, corrections, and inventory activity.
Building Collaborative Relationships
Innovation / Creativity
Developing Self & Others
Principal Accountabilities& Deliverables
- Work with Account Manager and/or Sales Manager in assigned stores to conduct resets in specific store sections
- Partner with store personnel and co-workers to achieve and maintain merchandising excellence, discuss changes, and build an effective working relationship
- Remove discontinued and slow moving items from shelves
- Clean shelves, racks and display cases
- Measure shelves for correct height and width, move shelves as necessary
- Re-tag product in its new location
- Stock/fill sections with product and create displays
- Report and discuss observations and issues with Home Center Account Manager and/or Sales Manager
- Utilize web based applications to receive work documentation and information, record work start and completion times, record work mileage, record work time and attendance,and document resets and/or other activities
- Effectively and accurately prepare, process, submit, and manage documentation related to assigned reset and other work
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Education / Experience and Skills
- High School Diploma required and/or 1-2 years customer service experience in retail is preferred but not required
- Proficient at prioritizing, planning, and organization
- Able to read and understand a schematic written in English
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with others
- Attention to details, safety and quality
- Ability to work well in a team environment and individually
- Must be outgoing and able to accurately troubleshoot hurdles.
- Ability to anticipate, analyze, and prioritize complex problems
- Demonstrated proficiency in utilizing technology CRM, smartphones or other handheld devices
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to assigned locations at assigned times
- Must be to travel to assigned stores and meetings as needed
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 60 pounds 40% or less of the workday
- Must be able stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl 5% or less of the workday
- Must be able to talk, see, hear, concentrate, think, learn and reason for all of the workday
- Must be able to walk or otherwise move around for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
- Must be able to do manual tasks for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
Work is performed indoors in a climate controlled environment.