Merchandising Specialist - Denver (85971)
Responsible for representing Capital, effectively working in teams or individually to perform resets and other work including, but not limited to, reading and implementation of plan-o-grams, new item placement, corrections, and inventory activity
Key Competencies: Building Collaborative Relationships, Innovation / Creativity, Adaptability, Developing Self & Others
Principal Accountabilities& Deliverables
* Work with Account Manager and/or Sales Manager in assigned stores to conduct resets in specific store sections.
* Partner with store personnel and co-workers to achieve and maintain merchandising excellence, discuss changes, and build an effective working relationship.
* Remove discontinued and slow moving items from shelves.
* Clean shelves, racks and display cases.
* Measure shelves for correct height and width, move shelves as necessary.
* Re-tag product in its new location.
* Stock/fill sections with product and create displays.
* Report and discuss observations and issues with Home Center Account Manager and/or Sales Manager.
* Utilize web based applications to receive work documentation and information, record work start and completion times, record work mileage, record work time and attendance, and document resets and/or other activities.
* Effectively and accurately prepare, process, submit, and manage documentation related to assigned reset and other work.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Education / Experience and Skills
* High School Diploma required and/or 1-2 years customer service experience in retail is preferred but not required.
* Proficient at prioritizing, planning, and organization.
* Able to read and understand a schematic written in English.
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with others.
* Attention to details, safety and quality.
* Ability to work well in a team environment and individually.
* Must be outgoing and able to accurately troubleshoot hurdles.
* Ability to anticipate, analyze, and prioritize complex problems.
* Demonstrated proficiency in utilizing technology CRM, smartphones or other handheld devices.
* Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to assigned locations at assigned times.
* Must be to travel to assigned stores and meetings as needed.
* Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 60 pounds 40% or less of the workday.
* Must be able stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl 5% or less of the workday.
* Must be able to talk, see, hear, concentrate, think, learn and reason for all of the workday.
* Must be able to walk or otherwise move around for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
* Must be able to do manual tasks for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
* Work is performed indoors in a climate controlled environment.
At Capital, we believe in developing our employees and promoting from within. We also believe a team that works hard should also make room to have fun. Not only do we create and preserve a safe work environment, we also strive for continuous improvement. We offer competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, and vacation time. To be considered, please apply now.