Logistics Coordinator - Salt Lake City (80903)
Provides strategic support to our operations and sales team on the day-to-day operation of all aspects in logistics i.e., distribution, inventory control, delivery etc. is responsible for communicating with internal and external customers and carriers and daily dispatching activities.
* Building Collaborative Relationships
* Innovation / Creativity
* Developing Self & Others
Principal Accountabilities & Deliverables
* Coordinate daily outbound shipments utilizing a variety of carriers and equipment to ensure timely and cost effective shipments.
* Resolving remans and opening tags.
* Track and report key metrics.
* Manage daily truck schedule and associated paperwork and reporting
* May conduct inventory audits to ensure proper entries are made and inventory cycle counts.
* Arranges trucks to ensure timely delivery of products to customers.
* Investigate and responds to inquiries regarding distribution and shipping.
* Communicate timely load status updates to sales.
* Identify and assist in implementing process improvements.
* Assist in training employees and/or back up on logistics processes.
* Work with Operations and Sales Manager to ensure implementation of new strategies and initiatives to effectively meet or exceed customer expectations and being effective with operational costs.
* Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Education / Experience and Skills
- Associate Degree, Technical Discipline and or relevant experience.
- 3 years of leadership experience.
- Computer skills - MS Word, Excel, Outlook. Proficient at utilizing various carriers’ websites and load tracing tools to schedule, release and track outbound shipments.
- Ability to identify issues, develop solutions & drive results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High attention to detail, follow-up, multi-tasking and conflict resolution.
- Experience collecting data and reporting against key metrics.
- Experienced in inventory control and inventory management systems.
- Proven ability to motivate teams and manage conflict.
- Must be organized, able to manage an always changing schedule, focused under pressure and able to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Must be a problem solver and motivated to implement continuous improvements; be pro-active alerting.
- personnel to possible issues and implement corrective actions.
* Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 25 pounds 5% or less of the workday.
* Must be able stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl 5% or less of the workday.
* Must be able to sit and walk or otherwise move around for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
* Must be able to use a keyboard and do manual tasks for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
* Work is performed primarily indoors in a climate controlled environment.