Inside Sales/Purchaser - Denver (74309)
"We’re in the People business, we just happen to sell Lumber."
At Capital, we have 70 years of success behind us, but we need innovative and dedicated employees to take us into the future. When you join the Capital team, you’re empowered to succeed, encouraged to grow, and rewarded for your hard work.
Position Summary: Contacts current and potential customers by phone to grow prospects and sales.
- Building Collaborative Relationships
- Innovation / Creativity
- Developing Self & Others
- Receives and writes orders from customers over the phone providing pricing, product and delivery information
- Services customers at the walk in counter who may need information or product
- Fields phone and in-person inquiries providing pricing/quotes from established price books/lists and product information
- Coordinates orders with yard personnel
- Assists customers with problems
- Communicates order information and status to appropriate Account Managers for their customers
- Participates in physical inventories
- Maintain on-going product knowledge
- Perform other work related duties as assigned by your supervisor and be flexible and adaptable to changes that will occur during the course of employment
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Minimum of an Associates degree from an accredited academic institution or commensurate industry experience
- Ability to model the Capital values
- Ability to multi-task and have multiple projects going simultaneously, while maintaining high quality results
- Ability to inspire, motivate and engage commitment of customers and team members
- A strong sense of urgency for goal achievement
- Ability to be collaborative and provide innovative solutions
- Knowledge of the industry, Capital and the products and services provided
- Ability to drive and be accountable for results in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 pounds 5% or less of the workday
- Must be able stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl 5% or less of the workday
- Must be able to sit and walk or otherwise move around for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
- Must be able to use a keyboard and do manual tasks for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
- 85% of work is performed indoors in a climate controlled environment, 15% is performed outdoors.