Inside Account Manager
We have over 75 years of success behind us, but we need innovative and dedicated employees to take us into the future. When you join the Capital team, you're empowered to succeed, encouraged to grow, and rewarded for your hard work.
Position Summary: Contacts current and potential customers by phone and email, with the intention of growing prospects and sales.
• Building Collaborative Relationships
• Innovation / Creativity
• Developing Self & Others
• Being proactive
Principal Accountabilities & Deliverables
• Receives and writes orders from customers over the phone providing pricing, product and delivery information
• Identifies product opportunities on purchase orders received and recommends items for incremental sales and increased PO $s
• Identifies areas of opportunity within our customer base and recommends products for placement with specific accounts
• Works and collaborates with our Account Managers to develop & maintain positive relationships with our customer base
• Cold Calls assigned accounts to generate new business
• Builds, Maintains & Develops relationships with assigned accounts to increase sales and product placement
• Assists customers with problems & helps determine solutions to remedy the issue
• Communicates order information and status to appropriate Account Managers for their customers
• Maintain on-going product knowledge and become a product expert with our specific lines
• Services customers at the walk-in counter who may need information or product
• Fields phone and in-person inquiries providing pricing/quotes from established price books/lists and product information
• Coordinates orders with yard personnel
• Participates in physical inventory counts
• Perform other work-related duties as assigned by your supervisor and be flexible and adaptable to changes that will occur during employment.
• Maintains CRM
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Education / Experience and Skills
• Minimum of a 4-year degree from an accredited academic institution and/or commensurate industry experience with 4 years
• Ability to model Capital values
• Ability to multi-task and have multiple projects going simultaneously, while maintaining high quality results
• Ability to inspire, motivate and engage in the commitment of customers and team members
• A strong sense of urgency for goal achievement
• Ability to be a leader within our organization
• Ability to be coachable and achieve success within a team environment
• Ability to be collaborative and provide innovative solutions
• Knowledge of the industry, Capital and the products and services provided.
• Ability to drive and be accountable for results in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
* Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 50 pounds 5% or less of the workday * Must be able stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl 5% or less of the workday * Must be able to sit and walk or otherwise move around for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday * Must be able to use a keyboard and do manual tasks for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes, and moving mechanical parts and vibrations. Work is performed outdoors, and employee is exposed to variety of extreme weather conditions at the distribution warehouse. The noise level in the work environment and warehouse can be loud.
We are in the people business, we just happen to sell lumber... so you can have GREAT BENEFITS!
- Paid Time Off (Sick, Vacation, Volunteer Time Off)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Best Doctors
- Company Paid Life and Disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Match Percentage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Hearing Services
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Smart Dollar
- Wellness Program through Vitality with program completion incentive towards medical premium, Apple watch program and more..