Human Resources Generalist - Corporate (84650)
Position Summary: Provides Human Resources support to branches. Supports and leads execution of HR initiatives in the areas of HR Partnerships, Performance Management, Development & Training, Staffing, Compliance, and Employment Practices. Partners with leadership team to support Capital’s culture and initiatives.
Key Competencies: Building Collaborative Relationships, Innovation / Creativity, Adaptability, Developing Self & Others
Principal Accountabilities & Deliverables
* Establishes self as a trusted partner and advisor with branch leadership, collaborating to execute human resources programs, services, and solutions to enable the branch to successfully meet their goals.
* Assist in developing and implementing talent programs with Corporate HR including onboarding, career pathing approaches; staff and leader assessments and feedback tools; mentoring and cross training opportunities that can be used throughout Capital branches.
* Partners with the branch or HR representatives to assess current development needs of branch management team.
* In partnership with branch and Director, HR builds position profiles that define functional capabilities, competencies, and behaviors; introduces new avenues and staging for the ongoing delivery of employee development.
* Collaborates closely with branch management to anticipate and plan for employee development needs and impact based on changes in talent or business.
* Oversees full-cycle Performance Management process to include on-boarding, goal setting, employee feedback and coaching, and performance evaluation; provides guidance to managers on all performance management and on-boarding activity; ensures branches are aware of process deadlines tracking of process and provide annual compensation data.
* Serve as first point of contact for branches on questions, including, but not limited to, advising employees when to request leave benefits and navigating branch representatives through the process.
* Administer employee leaves including FMLA, personal and others as needed in partnership with branch representatives and corporate benefits administrator for STD/LTD requirements and benefit premiums.
* Support various engagement events and HR communications to include presentations, workforce announcements, company branding, flyers, postings, articles, and any other related activities to promote and align Capital’s story/brand.
* Support engagement at job fairs and other external activities that support the execution of recruitment strategies to including Capital’s internship program.
* Coordinate safety policies and trainings to assist branches with safety efforts and culture at individual branches.
* Assist in safety training curriculum and associated tools to support development strategy to improve organizational capability; continuously measures and improves deliverables with safety behavioral based safety training.
* Oversee implementation of new hire safety training program (On Boarding) for each new employee; coordinates additional branch safety training as required.
* Facilitates the implementation of branch safety audits and follow-up and recommending improvements to current processes. Also, ensuring branches are maintaining training records for facility and drive OSHA compliance at branches.
* Responsible for workers compensation, and management of claims processes and compliance.
* Coordinate/facilitate timely reporting of safety incidents to workers comp carrier and follow up on incident investigations process as required.
* Stays current of changes in federal, state, and local employment laws, and ensures locations are in full compliance.
* Comply with company policies and procedures.
* Consults with management and employees to identify, evaluate, and resolve employee issues, open door call reports and work performance problems within established Capital and general human resources practices. Collaborates with the HR Director to ensure consistency.
* Assists in the development and implementation of human resources policies and procedures and their dissemination through employee handbook, communications, and/or meetings.
* Facilitates regular, meaningful two-way communication between the branch and Human Resources corporate teams on key HR issues.
* Ensures compliance with all federal and state employment laws and company policy.
* Back up HR Generalist with payroll and other key activities when needed.
* Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Education / Experience and Skills
* Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related experience required.
* PHR / SPHR Certification preferred.
* Minimum 3 years Human Resources generalist or development and training experience with demonstrated experience developing strong collaborative business relationships with client management teams; development and training experience multi-site, multi-state environment is preferred.
* Business Acumen to ensure HR practices align to business needs.
* High level of confidentially with sensitive information and professionalism.
* Strong working knowledge of federal and state employment law, employee relations and corporate policies and procedures.
* Ability to model the Capital values and to provide innovative solutions.
* Ability to drive and be accountable for results in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to anticipate, analyze, and prioritize complex problems including:
* Ability to present ideas in a clear and compelling manner, both verbally and in written format.
* Strong listening and conflict resolution skills.
* Strong presentation and training facilitation skills.
* Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
* Demonstrated proficiency in HRIS systems Paycom or other.
* Must be able to travel.
* Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 5 pounds 5% or less of the workday.
* Must be able stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl 5% or less of the workday.
* Must be able to talk, see, hear, concentrate, think, learn, and reason for all of the workday.
* Must be able to sit and walk or otherwise move around for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
* Must be able to use a keyboard and do manual tasks for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
* Work is performed indoors in a climate-controlled environment.