Forklift Operator - Receiving (102293)
****$2,000 Sign On Bonus!!!****
We are currently seeking a full-time Forklift Operator - Receiving for our Denver Branch that reports directly to our Operations Manager. This role includes forklift operation to lift, load or move material and maintains/repairs as needed. This role will also assist with receiving tasks and act as a liaison between sales, office and operations regarding inventory issues.$22/Hour.
- Reads hand written or system generated sales order to determine product
- Responsible for the receiving, administration and control of the physical inventory, maintaining balances with perpetual inventory
- Makes adjustments in company software as necessary to keep physical inventory in balance with perpetual inventory
- Performs regular cycle counts and reports findings to management
- Makes suggestions to improve inventory accuracy
- Acts as expert resource for all inventory questions/issues for all departments
- Liaison between sales, office and operations regarding inventory issues
- Notes all special instructions for filling an order
- Accurately pulls delivery orders and stages for loading as directed
- Accurately pulls delivery orders and packages as directed
- Loads product on trailers for delivery
- Unloads product from incoming rail cars or trailers checking manifest
- Notes all discrepancies and reviews these with Supervisor
- Safely, accurately, courteously loads product on customer’s truck/trailer
- Notifies Supervisor of any request to load a potential unsafe vehicle
- Notifies Supervisor of any request to overload a vehicle
- Operates forklift safely at all times following all safety rules and regulations
- Performs daily inspections of forklift(s) as required by OSHA and Capital Lumber Company standards
- Notifies Supervisory of any necessary equipment maintenance/repair or safety concerns
- Bands lumber product for storage or shipping
- Assists in moving of inventory for storage within the yard area as directed
- Properly stores inventory - level and covered as necessary
- Assists in inventory and/or cycle counts as directed
- May operate saw equipment intermittently
- Assist in keeping all lanes and areas clean and clear for traffic
- Perform other work related duties as assigned by your supervisor and be flexible and adaptable to changes that will occur during the course of employment
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- 4 to 8 years previous experience with forklifts and other machinery
- Active Forklift Certification.
- Good knowledge of lumber products.
- Good communication skills with a positive attitude.
- Able to lift, shift, and push weight up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to stoop, kneel crouch or crawl 5% or less of the workday
- Must be able to sit and walk or otherwise move around for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English to the extent required to receive and communicate information as necessary to the position.
- Excellent attendance is required for this fast-paced position.
- Possible overtime and weekend hours may be required for this position.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes, and moving mechanical parts and vibrations. Work is performed outdoors, and employee is exposed to variety of extreme weather conditions at the distribution warehouse. The noise level in the work environment and warehouse can be loud.
At Capital, we believe in developing our employees and promoting from within. We also believe a team that works hard should also make room to have fun. Not only do we create and preserve a safe work environment, we also strive for continuous improvement. We offer competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, and vacation time. To be considered, please apply now.