Forklift Operator - EWP
Although we have 75 years of success behind us, we still need innovative and dedicated employees to take us into the future. When you join the Capital team, you're empowered to succeed, encouraged to grow, and rewarded for your hard work.
We are currently seeking a full-time Forklift Operator with a background in Engineered Wood Products for our Salt Lake City Branch that reports directly to our Operations Manager. This role operates a forklift to lift, load, or move material. Additionally you will operate a chainsaw to cut material as needed. Inspects and maintains forklift and chainsaw equipment as needed.
- Reads hand written or system generated sales order to determine product
- Notes all special instructions for filling an order
- Operates chainsaw and other saw equipment
- Operates forklift safely at all times following all safety rules and regulations
- Performs daily inspections of forklift(s) as required by OSHA and Capital Lumber Company standards
- Notifies Supervisory of any necessary equipment maintenance/repair or safety concerns
- Bands lumber product for storage or shipping
- Assists in moving of inventory for storage within the yard area as directed
- Properly stores inventory–level and covered as necessary
- Assists in inventory and/or cycle counts as directed
- Assist in keeping all lanes and areas clean and clear for traffic
- Perform other work related duties as assigned by your supervisor and be flexible and adaptable to changes that will occur during the course of employment
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- 1 to 4 years previous experience with forklifts and other machinery
- Has Forklift Certification
- Good knowledge of lumber products
- Ability to model the Capital values and to provide innovative solutions
- Ability to deliver high quality, detailed error free work on a consistent basis
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English to the extent required to receive and communicate information as necessary to the position
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 75 pounds
- Must be able stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl 5% or less of the workday
- Must be able to sit and walk or otherwise move around for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
We are in the people business, we just happen to sell lumber... so you can have GREAT BENEFITS!
- Paid Time Off (Sick, Vacation, Volunteer Time Off)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Best Doctors
- Company Paid Life and Disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Match Percentage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Hearing Services
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Smart Dollar
- Wellness Program through Vitality with program completion incentive towards medical premium, Apple watch program and more..