Forklift Operator EWP Wood Cutter - Woodburn (71917)
At Capital, we know that a building is only as strong as the materials its made of. We also know that a company is only as strong as the employees who keep it running. Because of this, we value more than just delivering the best products. We value investing in the best people!
Although we have over 70 years of success behind us, we still need innovative and dedicated employees to take us into the future. When you join the Capital team, you're empowered to succeed, encouraged to grow, and rewarded for your hard work.
Position Summary: Operates a forklift to lift, load, or move material. Operates chainsaw to cut material as needed. Inspects and maintains forklift and chainsaw equipment as needed.
Principal Accountabilities & Deliverables
* Reads hand written or system generated sales order to determine product
* Notes all special instructions for filling an order
* Operates chainsaw and other saw equipment
* Operates forklift safely at all times following all safety rules and regulations
* Performs daily inspections of forklift(s) as required by OSHA and Capital Lumber Company standards
* Notifies Supervisory of any necessary equipment maintenance/repair or safety concerns
* Bands lumber product for storage or shipping
* Assists in moving of inventory for storage within the yard area as directed
* Properly stores inventory-level and covered as necessary
* Assists in inventory and/or cycle counts as directed
* Assist in keeping all lanes and areas clean and clear for traffic
* Perform other work related duties as assigned by your supervisor and be flexible and adaptable to changes that will occur during the course of employment
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
* 1 to 4 years previous experience with forklifts and other machinery
* Has Forklift Certification
* Good knowledge of lumber products
* Ability to model the Capital values and to provide innovative solutions
* Ability to deliver high quality, detailed error free work on a consistent basis
* Ability to read, write, speak and understand English to the extent required to receive and
communicate information as necessary to the position
* Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 75 pounds
* Must be able stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl 5% or less of the workday
* Must be able to sit and walk or otherwise move around for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes, and moving mechanical
parts and vibrations. Work is performed outdoors, and employee is exposed to variety of extreme weather
conditions at the distribution warehouse. The noise level in the work environment and warehouse can be loud.
At Capital, we believe in developing our employees and promoting from within. We also believe a team that works hard should also make room to have fun. Not only do we create and preserve a safe work environment, we also strive for continuous improvement. We offer competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, and vacation time. To be considered, please apply now.