Forklift Operator- EWP Wood Cutter (79624)
At Capital, we know that a building is only as strong as the materials its made of. And we also know that a company is only as strong as the employees who keep it running. Because of this, we value more than just delivering the best products. We value investing in the best people.
Although we have over 70 years of success behind us, we still need innovative and dedicated employees to take us into the future. When you join the Capital team, you're empowered to succeed, encouraged to grow, and rewarded for your hard work.
We are currently seeking a full-time Forklift Operator with a background in Engineered Wood Products for our Denver Branch that reports directly to our Operations Manager. This role also receives instructions from the Team Lead, Operations Lead, and/or Supervisor.
- Notifies Supervisor of any necessary equipment maintenance/repair.
- Bands lumber product for storage or shipping.
- Assists in moving of inventory for storage within the yard area as directed.
- Properly stores inventory, keeping it level and covered as necessary.
- Assists in inventory and/or cycle counts as directed.
- May operate saw equipment intermittently.
- Assists in keeping all lanes and areas clean and clear for traffic.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Remains flexible and adaptable to changes that will occur throughout the course of employment.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- 1-4 years previous experience with forklifts and other machinery (as designated by and at the discretion of the Division and Operations Manager for the particular position available).
- Active Forklift Certification.
- Good knowledge of lumber products.
- Basic Math skills.
- Good communication skills with a positive attitude.
- Able to lift, shift, and push weight up to 75 pounds.
- Able to read, write, speak, and understand English to the extent required to receive and communicate information as necessary to the position.
- Excellent attendance is required for this fast-paced position.
- Possible overtime and weekend hours may be required for this position.
At Capital, we believe in developing our employees and promoting from within. We also believe a team that works hard should also make room to have fun. Not only do we create and preserve a safe work environment, we also strive for continuous improvement. We offer competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, and vacation time. To be considered, please apply now.