EWP Designer - Portland (75883)
At Capital, we know that a building is only as strong as the materials it’s made of. And we also know that a company is only as strong as the employees who keep it running. Because of this, we value more than just delivering the best products. We value investing in the best people.
At Capital, we have over 70 years of success behind us, but we need innovative and dedicated employees to take us into the future. When you join the Capital team, you’re empowered to succeed, encouraged to grow, and rewarded for your hard work.
We are currently looking for an Engineered Wood Product Designer (EWP) for our Portland Branch. This position offers some administrative and primarily technical support to our Engineered Wood Products customers with assistance of Accounts Managers by providing design specifications of our products including framing, layout and number calculations. Coaches new designers, manages priorities across multiple EWP projects. Manages residential and commercial projects from bidding, designing and shipping to job sites.. Some of the key essential functions are:
- Understanding of building construction, structural details, local building codes, and product lines
- May assist customers with product promotions and product training sessions
- Conduct presentations to customers, contractors and other industry professionals on EWP products, services and company programs
- Uses design software accurately to create framing layouts and specify EWP products to meet both Capital and its Customer’s program
- Create material list and perform plan takeoffs for single family and small multifamily projects.
- Use software and/or span charts to size framing members such as beams, headers, girders, joists, etc.
- Receive incoming calls and direct customers to appropriate departments
- Use DMSI software for product purchasing, selling, inventory management
- Perform other work related duties as assigned by your supervisor and be flexible and adaptable to changes that will occur during the course of employment with Capital.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Demonstrated proficiency in design software applications for residential, multi-family projects
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, plans, sections, elevations and details.
- Ability to operate office equipment such as plotter, scanner, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to model the Capital values and to provide innovative solutions.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with individuals inside and outside of the organization
- Ability to drive and be accountable for results in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and have multiple projects going simultaneously
- A strong sense of urgency for goal achievement
- Results focused and technically sound with ability to make quick decisions to changing conditions