EWP Designer (109743)
Position Summary: Offers some administrative and primarily technical support to our Engineered Wood Products customers with assistance of Accounts Managers by providing design specifications of our products including framing, layout and number calculations. Coaches new designers, manages priorities across multiple EWP projects.
- Building Collaborative Relationships
- Innovation / Creativity
- Developing Self & Others
Principal Accountabilities & Deliverables
- Understanding of building construction, structural details, local building codes, and product lines
- Uses design software accurately to create framing layouts and specify EWP products to meet both Capital and its Customer’s program
- Create material list and perform plan takeoffs for single family and small multifamily projects
- Use software and/or span charts to size framing members such as beams, headers, girders, joists, etc.
- Receive incoming calls and direct customers to appropriate departments
- Use DMSI software for product purchasing, selling, inventory management
- Perform other work related duties as assigned by your supervisor and be flexible and adaptable to changes that will occur during the course of employment with Capital
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Education / Experience and Skills
- Must possess five plus years experience in EWP product management, design, & customer service
- Demonstrated proficiency in design software applications for residential, multi-family projects
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, plans, sections, elevations and details
- Ability to operate office equipment such as plotter, scanner, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to model the Capital values and to provide innovative solutions
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with individuals inside and outside of the organization
- Ability to drive and be accountable for results in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and have multiple projects going simultaneously
- A strong sense of urgency for goal achievement
- Results focused with ability to make quick decisions to changing conditions.
- Strong follow-up is necessary on tasks to ensure proper results
- Detail-oriented with ability to handle details quickly, correctly and efficiently
- Must be able to travel occasionally
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 5 pounds 5% or less of the workday
- Must be able stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl 5% or less of the workday
- Must be able to talk, see, hear, concentrate, think, learn and reason for all of the workday
- Must be able to sit and walk or otherwise move around for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday
- Must be able to use a keyboard and do manual tasks for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday
- Work is performed indoors in a climate controlled environment
We are in the people business, we just happen to sell lumber... so you can have GREAT BENEFITS!
- Paid Time Off (Sick, Vacation, Volunteer Time Off)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Best Doctors
- Company Paid Life and Disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Match Percentage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Hearing Services
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Smart Dollar
- Wellness Program through Vitality with - $500/$750 program completion incentive towards medical premium, Apple watch program and more..