Equipment/Milling Operator (100930)
We Need Great People Like You!
Position Summary: Responsible for operating milling equipment safely. Performs work associated with installation, calibration and operation of production machines. This position pays $20 - $23 per hour DOE.
- Building Collaborative Relationships
- Innovation / Creativity
- Developing Self & Others
Principal Accountabilities & Deliverables
- Sets up milling equipment as directed.
- Responsible for operating milling equipment safely.
- Feeds product maintaining a safe and steady pace of product through the equipment according to instructions.
- Stacks and bands product for shipment or storage.
- Immediately reports any equipment problems or unsafe equipment to Supervisor.
- Assists in keeping the sawmill area clean.
- May be required to build fence panels either exclusively or intermittently.
- May be required to operate a forklift to move product following all safety practices as outlined by OSHA and Company guidelines.
- Perform other work related duties as assigned by your supervisor and be flexible and adaptable to changes that will occur during the course of employment.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Education / Experience and Skills
- 1 to 4 years previous experience with milling equipment (as designated by the branch for the particular position available) .
- Has Forklift Certification if required by position.
- May be required to safely operate a pneumatic nail gun.
- Good knowledge of lumber products.
- Ability to model the Capital values and to provide innovative solutions.
- Ability to deliver high quality, detailed error free work on a consistent basis.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English to the extent required to receive and communicate information as necessary to the position.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl 5% or less of the workday.
- Must be able to sit and walk or otherwise move around for prolonged periods of time throughout. the workday
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes, and moving mechanical parts and vibrations. Work is performed outdoors and within truck, and employee is exposed to variety of extreme weather conditions at the distribution warehouse. The noise level in the work environment and warehouse can be loud.