Our Sacramento Branch is seeking a Dispatch Coordinator. Are you ready to join this amazing Capital team? Apply Today!
Dispatch Coordinator: Responsible for assisting Operations, Purchasing and Sales Departments dispatching of inbound and outbound material and communicating with both Company and outside drivers and management concerning transportation issues. $21.00 per hour.
- Monitors and contains transportation costs, including the development of spread sheets showing delivery zones and routes
- Assists Operations Manager in scheduling and tracking inbound material through outside hauling agencies
- Assists in developing transportation contacts and obtaining the most beneficial rates on a local basis
- Works with all of the Capital Lumber divisions to develop company-wide transportation contacts
- Assists in scheduling all customer deliveries in coordination with the Operations and Sales Departments
- Checks and turns in shipping manifests to office daily
- Assists Operations Manager in coordinating all start times and delivery schedules with Company’s truck drivers
- Participates as a member of the Company safety committee
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills &Abilities
Education / Experience and Skills
- Strong computer skills with ability to utilize Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to model the Capital values and to provide innovative solutions
- Ability to drive and be accountable for accurate and high quality results in a fast paced environment
- Ability to be very detail oriented and technically focused
- Ability to work autonomously when necessary
- Strong verbal, written, mathematical and collaboration skills
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English to the extent required to receive and communicate information as necessary to the position
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 5 pounds 5% or less of the workday
- Must be able stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl 5% or less of the workday
- Must be able to sit and walk or otherwise move around for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday
- Must be able to use a keyboard and do manual tasks for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday
- Work is performed indoors in a climate controlled environment.
We are in the people business, we just happen to sell lumber... so you can have GREAT BENEFITS!
- Paid Time Off (Sick, Vacation, Volunteer Time Off)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Best Doctors
- Company Paid Life and Disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Match Percentage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Hearing Services
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Smart Dollar
- Wellness Program through Vitality with program completion incentive towards medical premium, Apple watch program and more..