Dispatch Coordinator (99733)
Position Summary: Responsible for assisting Operations, Purchasing and Sales Departments dispatching of inbound and outbound material and communicating with both Company and outside drivers and management concerning transportation issues.
- Building Collaborative Relationships
- Innovation / Creativity
- Developing Self & Others
Principal Accountabilities& Deliverables
- Monitors and contains transportation costs, including the development of spread sheets showing delivery zones and routes.
- Assists Operations Manager in scheduling and tracking inbound material through outside hauling agencies.
- Assists in developing transportation contacts and obtaining the most beneficial rates on a local basis.
- Works with all of the Capital Lumber divisions to develop company-wide transportation contacts.
- Assists in scheduling all customer deliveries in coordination with the Operations and Sales Departments.
- Checks and turns in shipping manifests to office daily.
- Assists Operations Manager in coordinating all start times and delivery schedules with Company’s truck drivers.
- Participates as a member of the Company safety committee.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills &Abilities
Education / Experience and Skills
- Strong computer skills with ability to utilize Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to model the Capital values and to provide innovative solutions.
- Ability to drive and be accountable for accurate and high quality results in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to be very detail oriented and technically focused.
- Ability to work autonomously when necessary.
- Strong verbal, written, mathematical and collaboration skills.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English to the extent required to receive and communicate information as necessary to the position.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 5 pounds 5% or less of the workday.
- Must be able stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl 5% or less of the workday.
- Must be able to sit and walk or otherwise move around for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
- Must be able to use a keyboard and do manual tasks for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
- Work is performed indoors in a climate controlled environment.