Dispatch Coordinator (80553)
At Capital, we have 70 years of success behind us, but we need innovative and dedicated employees to take us into the future. When you join the Capital team, you’re empowered to succeed, encouraged to grow, and rewarded for your hard work.
We are currently looking for a Dispatch Coordinator for our Healdsburg Branch. This position is responsible for assisting Operations, purchasing, dispatching of inbound and outbound material and communicating with drivers and management concerning transportation issues.
* Building Collaborative Relationships
* Innovation / Creativity
* Developing Self & Others
Principal Accountabilities& Deliverables
- Monitors and contains transportation costs, including the development of spread sheets
- showing delivery zones and routes
- Assists Operations Manager in scheduling and tracking inbound material through outside hauling agencies
- Assists in developing transportation contacts and obtaining the most beneficial rates on a local basis
- Works with all of the Capital Lumber divisions to develop company-wide transportation contacts
- Assists in scheduling all customer deliveries in coordination with the Operations and Sales Departments
- Checks and turns in shipping manifests to office daily
- Assists Operations Manager in coordinating all start times and delivery schedules with
- Company’s truck drivers.
- Participates as a member of the Company safety committee
- Other duties as assigned
Education / Experience and Skills
- Five years lumber experience and/or five years experience as truck driver.
- Possess strong working knowledge of State and Federal D.O.T. compliance regulations.
- Strong computer skills with ability to utilize Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to model the Capital values and to provide innovative solutions
- Ability to drive and be accountable for accurate and high quality results in a fast paced environment
- Ability to be very detail oriented and technically focused
- Ability to work autonomously when necessary
- Strong verbal, written, mathematical and collaboration skills
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English to the extent required to receive and communicate information as necessary to the position.