Business Manager - Portland (69222)
At Capital, we have over 70 years of success behind us, but we need innovative and dedicated employees to take us into the future! When you join the Capital team, you’re empowered to succeed, encouraged to grow, and rewarded for your hard work.
We are currently looking for a Business Manager for our Portland Branch.
This position will manage one or more branch business process structures; including overseeing accounting operations at the branch. Partnering with corporate and the branch leadership team, you will be responsible for conducting the analysis and testing of current processes to determine effectiveness and efficiency for the branch as well as recommending solutions to current and future needs of the business.
- Leads, coaches and guides clerical, sales and/or and office personnel in daily job duties to ensure proper inventory and accounting controls
- Collaborates with appropriate managers and supervisors to ensure efficient and effective execution of procedures or makes recommendations solutions to meet business needs
- Manages information systems and processes and manages process change, implementation, and testing. Communicates the processes to the organization.
- Oversees and provides financial analysis and reporting as required
- Assists and manage monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting close processes in partnership with corporate accounting.
- Assists in the preparation of yearly budget, strategic planning, and forecasting for branch records
- Oversees branch Accounts Payable verification and coordination of payments with corporate
- Directs correspondence and maintains communication with corporate office to maintain proper flow of accounting and reconciliation
- Maintains and/or coordinates Branch/Region Accounts Receivable including credit records and collection efforts
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned by your supervisor and be flexible and adaptable to changes that will occur during employment
- BA/BS degree, or equivalent education or experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience involving financial statements, supervising or managing staff
- Ability to achieve results that are aligned with Capital’s strategic goals
- Strong leadership and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to delegate as necessary with strong follow-up on timeliness and quality
- Demonstrated experience with developing collaborative business and employee relationships
- Results focused and ability to stay focused on goals in challenging or changing environments
- Strong ability to motivate and engage commitment of others and achieve business results through and with people
- Ability to anticipate, analyze and prioritize and quickly solve complex problems and challenges
- Ability to model the Capital values and to provide innovative solutions
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- High level of confidentially with sensitive information and professionalism