Branch HR Administrator (75774)
At Capital, we know that a building is only as strong as the materials its made of. We also know that a company is only as strong as the employees who keep it running. Because of this, we value more than just delivering the best products. We value investing in the best people.
At Capital, we have 70 years of success behind us, but we need innovative and dedicated employees to take us into the future. When you join the Capital team, you're empowered to succeed, encouraged to grow, and rewarded for your hard work.
Position Summary: Provide local HR guidance and support for the branch leadership team and employee population in alignment with Capital HR practices.
Building Collaborative Relationships
Innovation / Creativity
Developing Self & Others
- Assists in hiring process by coordinating job posting on the website, reviewing resumes, and performing telephone interviews.
- Establish relationships with local university to provide pipeline of internship talent and attend job fairs.
- In coordination with Corporate HR, coordinate local HR functions including the facilitation of performance management process to include but not limited to: on-boarding, goal setting, employee feedback and coaching as well as performance evaluation; provides guidance to managers on all performance management, individual development plans (IDPs) compensation and on-boarding activity; ensures branches are aware of processes and can utilize tools.
- Consult with management and employees to identify, evaluate, and resolve employee and work performance problems within established Capital general Human Resources practices.
- Ensure payroll, local transactional and administrative HR processes occur in an accurate and timely manner.
- Facilitate local employee communication in support of corporate initiatives including but not limited to: 401(k), benefits, safety, employee engagement, leadership and employee development etc.
- Participate in the design and implementation of key corporate Human Resources initiatives including but not limited to: succession planning, new hire orientation, performance management, employee retention, and safety.
- Support, as needed, the development and implementation of local branch policies, procedures, cultural initiatives, and objective setting in order to achieve division and organizational goals.
- Facilitates regular, meaningful two-way communication between the branch and Human Resources and corporate teams on key HR issues.
- Ensures compliance with all federal and state employment laws, company policy and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related experience required;
- PHR / SPHR Certification preferred.
- Minimum 3 years Human Resources generalist experience with demonstrated experience developing strong collaborative business relationships.
- High level of confidentially with sensitive information and professionalism.
- Strong working knowledge of federal and state employment law, employee relations and corporate policies and procedures.
- Ability to model the Capital values and to provide innovative solutions.
- Ability to drive and be accountable for results in a fast paced environment
- Ability to anticipate, analyze, and prioritize complex problems including:
- * Ability to present ideas in a clear and compelling manner, both verbally and in written format.
- * Strong listening and conflict resolution skills.
- * Strong presentation and training facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated proficiency in HRIS systems Paycom or other.
- Must be able to travel occasionally.
* Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 5 pounds 5% or less of the workday
* Must be able stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl 5% or less of the workday
* Must be able to talk, see, hear, concentrate, think, learn and reason for all of the workday
* Must be able to sit and walk or otherwise move around for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
* Must be able to use a keyboard and do manual tasks for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
* Work is performed indoors in a climate controlled environment.