At Capital, we know that a building is only as strong as the materials it’s made of. And we also know that a company is only as strong as the employees who keep it running. Because of this, we value more than just delivering the best products. We value investing in the best people!
The Benefits Administrator is responsible for administering and planning the day-to-day operations of our company group benefit programs, 401k, wellness program and administration of human resources information system related to benefits. ** Hybrid office/remote work options**
Key Competencies: Building Collaborative Relationships, Innovation / Creativity, Adaptability, Developing Self & Others
Principal Accountabilities & Deliverables
- Serve as primary contact for brokers and third-party administrators. Determine the best plan options by working with brokers, branch feedback and HR Director. Coordinate transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums, and plan administration. Work effectively to make sure the plans run smoothly. Investigate discrepancies and provide information.
- Document, and maintain administrative procedures for benefit processes.
- Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations; assure timeliness and accuracy of required filings. (i.e. recent healthcare reform act, 401k regulations etc).
- Coordinate daily benefit processing to include maintenance of employee benefit files and updating of employee records.
- Enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident, and death claims, 401(k) rollovers, distributions, loans, hardships, compliance testing.
- Gather employee data and oversee the processing of monthly billings and the payment.
- Maintain system setup, administration, reference tables, and data integrity for core HRIS platform(s); participate in the change control process for updates to the HRIS system and other related interfaces.
- Liaison with other internal departments including IT and Finance on joint or dependent processes.
- Coordination and assist branches with FMLA and leave requests and collection of premiums for employees on leave.
- Coordinate and facilitate open enrollment events and other benefit communication events like financial planning, retirement planning etc.
- Coordination benefit survey to gauge employee feedback on company benefit programs.
- In partnership with the corporate executive team look at benefits from a strategic and employee retention standpoint and what enhancements can be made.
- Prepare and communicate total rewards statement within HRIS system.
- Ensures compliance with all federal and state employment laws and company policy in partnership with Corporate HR.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned by your supervisor and be flexible and adaptable to changes that will occur during employment.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related benefits administration experience.
- 4-5 years benefit administration experience with demonstrated experience developing strong, collaborative business relationships with client management teams; multi-site, multi-state environment is preferred.
- High level of confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of plan designs.
- Knowledge of benefit contract language and all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements both adopted and pending affecting employee benefit programs, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Medicare, and Social Security and DOL requirements as it related to benefits administration.
- Ability to model Capital values and to provide innovative solutions.
- Ability to drive and be accountable for results in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to anticipate, analyze, and prioritize complex problems including:
- * Ability to present ideas in a clear and compelling manner, both verbally and in written format.
- * Strong listening and conflict resolution skills.
- * Strong benefit presentation skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated proficiency in HRIS systems.
- Must be able to travel occasionally.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 5 pounds 5% or less of the workday.
- Must be able stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl 5% or less of the workday.
- Must be able to talk, see, hear, concentrate, think, learn, and reason for all of the workday.
- Must be able to sit and walk or otherwise move around for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
- Must be able to use a keyboard and do manual tasks for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
- This is a hybrid position that includes days in the office as well as optional remote work.
- Steady, even pace of activity large degree of predictability from one day to the next job activities are consistent, or even repetitious in nature, and results are repeatable Well-defined processes and procedures exist to perform activities.
- People-focused, while being reserved in nature helpful, "service" orientation strong focus on repeatable, very high-quality results
- Cautious, by the book, decision-making is required examination of the facts, established procedure, or proven process must preclude decision-making (detailed knowledge of or training in those areas significantly aids decision-making).
- Communication is factual, polite, and professional in nature. You will need to speak with great specificity and knowledgeable detail about areas of responsibility; not required to speak at length about other topics Little collaboration is necessary to complete work; expertise comes from training, knowledge, and experience.
- Authority and responsibility is shared with others, such as in a team environment where people have worked together for long periods of time. Little delegation of details is required. When it does happen, this position requires strong follow-up to ensure that work quality and attention to detail remain very high Leadership style required involves being an expert in the field and using that knowledge to be a resource for others' learning and development.
We are in the people business, we just happen to sell lumber... so you can have GREAT BENEFITS!
- Paid Time Off (Sick, Vacation, Volunteer Time Off)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Best Doctors
- Company Paid Life and Disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Match Percentage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Hearing Services
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Smart Dollar
- Wellness Program through Vitality with program completion incentive towards medical premium, Apple watch program and more..