Accounting Clerk (77350)
Position Summary: This position will be responsible for performing a range of technical/clerical support services in accounting; verifying and documenting company accounts receivable/payable transactions. The Accounting Clerk will be working closely with other branches to accomplish company goals.
- Building Collaborative Relationships
- Innovation / Creativity
- Developing Self & Others
Principal Accountabilities & Deliverables
- Be the liaison between the corporate office and our branches questions regarding customer payments and/or vendor payments
- Balancing of daily deposits through lockbox upload, coding, and applying payments on a daily basis
- Acquire full-cycle Accounting Processing of A/R and A/P
- Prepares journal entries/check requests
- Setup new customers, suppliers and items in accounting system
- Assist with monthly divisional reporting
- Learn the Bank Reconciliation process
- Learn monthly filing and distribution of accounting documents.
- Complete additional duties/projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Education / Experience and Skills
- B.S. degree in Accounting/Finance or related filed preferred.
- Demonstrated history of going above and beyond
- 1-3 years of previous accounting experience
- Ability to understand and carry out verbal and written instructions
- Ability to use office equipment; computer terminal, calculator, copier and fax machine
- Ability to use spreadsheet and word-processing programs
- Individual must exhibit a very strong attention to detail
- It is vital for the work output to be very high quality, with correct results, time and time again.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Accurate and detail oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and relate effectively, productively, and positively with other co-workers, branches, and other outside organizations.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn various accounting processes, including use of industry specific software like Agility.
- Typing and data entry skills.
- Ability to use a 10-key calculator accurately by touch.
- Proficient in Word, Intermediate Excel, Outlook, and accounting systems.
- Work is performed indoors in a climate controlled environment.
- Flexible telecommuting schedule